Our Future Home
The NCC will be the featured occupant in a revitalized historic building located in the heart of Winston-Salem’s thriving downtown. The 42,000-square-foot building spans Liberty and Main streets.
The facility, located on the third floor of the building includes:
- Ten two-person dormitory-style rooms to house elite athletes during team training camps, providing an inexpensive and convenient place to stay while training and working with physical, medical and nutritional coaches.
- An advanced testing and consulting facility will be available with state-of-the-art metabolic testing equipment, access to sports medicine experts for consultation, massage and injury rehabilitation services.
- A multi-purpose meeting room will provide space for community groups and activities, team meetings and other group needs and support and community outreach programming for the National Cycling Center.
- An advanced strength and conditioning room will provide visiting riders the opportunity to train indoors under the supervision of their coaches and those at the NCC. Advanced equipment and analysis will include both aerobic and weight training.
Convenient to easy entrance and exit for riders, the bicycle storage and repair area will be located in the basement.
- The space will include a high-tech and highly secure bicycle housing system, and will available to mechanics of visiting teams and staffed by local mechanics. The shop will also be the home of the NCC’s “earn a bike” program, teaching underprivileged youth how to build and repair a bicycle and allowing them to earn credits toward receiving a bike of their own.